Tuesday 3 April 2012

"For I do like to think about our world. How to me it is so vast and wonderful."

Walking up my stairs, I realised how privileged I was to have just got a drink of water out of the kitchen tap.
The fact that I had a tap with clean, purified water...

crystal clear

...all ready and waiting for me to have a drink.
The fact that I was now turning off the light. Taking these things for granted.

I then realised how lucky I was to have a peacefully quiet house, full of sleeping bodies, going about their daily routines, undisturbed.

I then felt the soft carpet under my feet as I climbed the stairs to my safe haven; a quiet and safe heaven atop a yellow staircase.
Entering my room, I realised how lucky I am to have my own space, away from the scary world that may be. My bed, soft and luxurious.

I thought how not many people in this world have what I have.

I am in a First World country;
Photographs of my many good times, holidays, parties and dreams;
my Union Jack flag hanging over my mirror, symbolising the nation that I am in;
the stickers and notes on my mirror, reminiscent of a good education;
the various artefacts dotted around my room from travels gone by;
the symbol of sexual liberty and acceptance, a joy not experienced by so many on our planet;
and, on the wall, a small map of the world – for I do like to think about our world. How to me it is so vast and wonderful. But there is so much here that I do not know.

Mysteries that I am sure I will never know.

-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment